Reporting to the EDI Project Leader, the EDI Specialist will be responsible for the billing, mapping, testing, deployment and support of our organization’s many trading partner EDI implementations. In this role you will liaise and coordinate between customers, vendors, EDI team members and our end users to successfully deliver EDI initiatives on time and in scope while ensuring all stakeholder requirements have been properly satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the collection of all integration requirements to accurately determine communication and messaging needs, to define project scope and to generate implementation contracts.
- Design, document and maintain EDI maps to ensure compliance with the gathered business requirements and processes.
- Perform system configuration, mapping, management and support of the EDI relationships and communication between our customers and their data-trading partners.
- Responsible to direct and track project status from inception through to final delivery, regularly updating all external stakeholders and internal teams on project status.
- Interface between data-trading partners and external third party teams, analyze and fully understand EDI specifications and guidelines, and observe data exchanged to certify that requirements have been met while also recognizing any data errors or EDI mapping faults.
- Manage all EDI testing, plan all EDI-related customer deployments and upgrades, and coordinate go-live timing with all data-trading partners and third party vendors.
- Embrace a collaborative, teamwork approach to achieve team goals within the EDI department.
- Assist with troubleshooting to resolve any discovered or reported EDI system deficiencies.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with electronic data interchange systems.
- Solid understanding of EDI standards (ANSI X12) and communication platforms (AS2, SFTP, etc.).
- Proficient with EDI mapping tools and trading partner configurations.
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Expert with Microsoft Office Suite products and CRM applications.
Other Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of XML, JSON and APIs as alternative solutions to data interchange.
- Familiarity with SQL Server databases and T-SQL an asset.
- Possess a high degree of adaptability and strong technical aptitude with little need for leadership.
Trans Plus is an equal opportunity employer with preference given to candidates with transportation industry experience and/or previous experience using Trans Plus software products.
Please remit resume with cover letter to our EDI Project Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest however please note only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted; all other applications will be kept on file for three months.